File a Police Report
File a Private Property Accident/Crash
The private property accident form can be completed for minor motor vehicle accidents, including unattended/parked vehicles that have been struck by another vehicle, occurring on private property (parking lot, private drive, etc.). This form is to be used if the collision results in no injury, minimal damage, does not involve alcohol, or a hit and run where a suspect license plate is known. After clicking on the link, carefully read the instructions, and if you have any questions, you may contact the Records Unit at 734.822.4930.
File a Police Report
The following reports can be made online:
- Harassing phone calls (No known suspects)
- Theft (No known suspects)
- Lost Property
- Damaged Property/Vandalism (No known suspects)
- Accidental/Non Intentional Property Damage (other than a Private Property Crash)
In most cases, these reports will not be investigated. The report simply documents that you reported an incident to the Pittsfield Police Department. Once the report is reviewed and approved, you will be provided an incident report number.
Please make sure that you have all information needed at the time that you make your report. For example, for a theft from auto report, you will need your vehicle information (license plate, VIN, make/model, etc.).
What should I include in the report?
Please provide thorough and accurate information. The details should include:
- The timeframe in which the incident occurred.
- How you became aware of the incident.
- A description of what happened.
- Location of the incident. It is important that you confirm the incident actually occurred within Pittsfield Township.
- Any vehicle, insurance, serial number, or account information that is needed depending on the type of incident report.
Once you have submitted your information
You will be given a temporary reference number. You will not be able to obtain a copy of your report using the temporary reference number.
Your report will be reviewed within three to five business days. Once it is approved, you will receive an email with your incident number and instructions on how you can obtain a copy of your report.
For all other non-emergency reports, contact Metro Dispatch at 734.994.2911.