Historic District Commission
The Historic District Commission is charged, by township ordinance, to:
- Advance the historical interests of the Township
- Effect a useable and maintainable archive of historic material
- Foster civic beauty
- Promote the use of historic districts for the education, pleasure, and welfare of the citizens of Pittsfield Charter Township and of the State of Michigan
- Promote township identity through public awareness of the history of Pittsfield Township
- Safeguard the heritage of Pittsfield Charter Township by preserving historic districts that reflect elements of its history, architecture, archaeology, engineering, or culture
- Stabilize and improve property values in each district and surrounding areas
- Strengthen the local economy
Historic District Commission and Byrd Center Historic District Study Committee meetings are currently being held electronically to comply with Health Department orders and guidance, and to reduce the risk of spreading disease at a live meeting.
The November 3, 2021 Historic District Commission agenda has been published. To participate in the November 3, 2021 Historic District Commission meeting as a member of the public:
To participate as a member of the public:
- For videoconferencing, visit the Zoom meeting link and enter meeting ID: 833 4871 4583
- Call (877) 853 5257 and enter meeting ID: 833 4871 4583
Agendas & MinutesAll agendas are subject to revision at the time of the meeting. Meeting notices will be posted in compliance with PA 267 of 1976 as amended (Open Meetings Act), MCLA 41.72a (2) (3), and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
MembersThe Historic District Commission is comprised of seven members that are appointed to one, two, or three year terms:
Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the Clerk's Office 3 business days prior to the meeting. The Clerk's Office can be reached at 734.822.3120 or via email at email@example.com.