The Clerk's Office is dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service to the residents of Pittsfield Charter Township by:
- Serving as the official record keeper of all Township documents, including the Township Code of Ordinances
- Assisting local businesses with tax abatements to foster economic growth
- Compiling and publishing the Board of Trustees agenda and packet to ensure transparency and accessibility
- Efficiently and accurately administering all federal, state, and local elections to uphold the democratic process
- Issuing liquor and transient merchant licenses to regulate and support local businesses
- Overseeing the financial management of the Township to ensure fiscal responsibility
We are pleased to be able to serve the residents of Pittsfield Charter Township.
Pittsfield Charter Township extends the availability of its administrative meeting hall and conference rooms to residents and their organizations through reservation. To request a reservation, please fill out and submit the room reservation form. Before making a reservation, it is essential to familiarize yourself with the Building Use Policy.
The Election branch of the Clerk's Office is tasked with the administration of all federal, state, and local elections within Pittsfield Charter Township. Our responsibilities encompass:
- Registering voters to ensure an active and engaged electorate
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date voter files for comprehensive record-keeping
- Receiving applications for absent voter ballots and facilitating the distribution of absent voter ballots to residents
- Verifying candidate petitions to uphold the integrity of the election process
The Clerk supervises the Department of Finance, overseeing critical accounting and payroll functions, which include general ledger management, inventory tracking, and legal billings.
The Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) initiated the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting Program in 1945. This program aims to encourage and support state and local governments in surpassing the basic requirements of generally accepted accounting principles. It promotes the preparation of comprehensive annual financial reports that embody the principles of transparency and full disclosure. Recognizing exceptional achievements, the GFOA awards a Certificate of Achievement, valid for one year. Pittsfield Township and the Township's Finance Director have consistently received this prestigious award every year since 2010.
For transparency, interested parties can review previous audits, Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports, budgets, and bond ratings. These documents are available for examination.
FOIA Requests & Public Records
The Clerk's Office holds the statutory responsibility as the official record keeper for Township documents, encompassing records of all board meeting proceedings, ordinances, contracts, and more. Additionally, the Clerk assumes the role of the Freedom of Information officer, facilitating access to these public records. Learn more about FOIA requests and public records.
Transient Merchant Licensing
Individuals desiring to sell products, personal property, or services in a transient manner within the Township must submit an application for a transient merchant license at the Clerk's Office.