Treasurer's Office Responsibilities
In accordance with state law (MCL 41.76) and the policies of the township Board of Trustees, the Treasurer's Office collects and distributes funds through the Treasurer's office. The Treasurer's scope of responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Collect Taxes, both Real & Personal
- Receipt of Utility Payments
- Receipt of Building Permits, Performance Bonds, and Other Department Invoices
- Invest and safeguard Township funds – In accordance with Public Act 20 & Pittsfield Charter Township Investment policy
- Reconcile and distribute funds to appropriate local and internal entities
About Your Treasurer
Patricia Tupacz Scribner has been serving as Treasurer for Pittsfield Charter Township since November 2008 and was re-elected in 2012, 2016, and 2020. She has earned the Michigan Certified Professional Treasurer (MiCPT), credential certified by the Michigan Municipal Treasurers Association (MMTA) in 2011. Patricia has continued to maintain her credential as a MiCPT through a yearly MMTA program accredited by Central Michigan University and through additional treasury-specific education offered by the MMTA. Serving as Treasurer for Pittsfield Charter Township is an extension of her long-standing commitment to the community.
The Treasurer's office has a focus on customer service, fiscal stewardship, and professionalism. The integrity of the Treasurer's Office is essential to the growth and economic vitality of our community.
As your Treasurer, Patricia has set a higher standard of fiduciary responsibility, under her direction the office has:
- Achieved Standard & Poor's Rating to AA+
- Implemented additional Tax payment options – Paying Your Taxes
- Updated software programs to increase efficiency
- Added online payment options for Parks & Recreation Programs
- Provided online educational information to residents – A Closer Look At Your Tax Statement
Patricia Tupacz Scribner, MiCPT serves on the Pittsfield Charter Township's Board of Trustees, Washtenaw County Treasurers Association, Washtenaw County Parks & Recreation Commission, Pittsfield Historic District Commission, and the Arts & Culture Excellence in Pittsfield Committee.