Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT a regular meeting of the Pittsfield Township Planning Commission will be held at the Pittsfield Township Administration Building located at 6201 W. Michigan Avenue on Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 6:30 p.m.
During the meeting, the Planning Commission will hold a PUBLIC HEARING to consider proposed amendments to the Zoning Ordinance of Pittsfield Charter Township including:
• Article 2: Definitions
• Article 3: Update language regarding Certificates of Zoning Compliance and Performance Guarantees
• Article 4: Setbacks and Yard Requirements; Residential, Recreation Conservation andAgricultural Use Table – Home Occupation/Home Office, Wind and Solar Energy Systems;Non-Residential Use Table – Wind and Solar Energy Systems, Sexually Oriented Businesses,Research Type Uses, Office Uses in Industrial District, Open Air Businesses, OutdoorStorage, and Contractors/Landscapers Yard (Sections 4.19, 4.20, 4.21)
• Article 5: Amend the Form-Based Mixed-Use Districts regulations
• Article 8: Accessory Buildings; Entrance Structures in Residential Districts; Commercial andIndustrial Development Setbacks Adjacent to Residential Uses (Sections 8.03, 8.07, 8.09)
• Article 11: Sexually Oriented Businesses; Extractive Operations; Open Air Business; Outdoor Storage and Contractors/Landscapers Yard; Outdoor Promotional Activities; Garage and Yard Sales (Sections 11.23, 11.37, 11.39, 11.40, 11.43, 11.46)
• Article 12: Access to Public Street (Section 12.02); add Electric Vehicle Parking Standards (Section 12:05)
• Article 13: Trash and Recycling Containers, Lamp or Fixture Substitution (Sections 13.03, 13.05)
• Article 14: Performance Standards – Noise; Solar Energy Collectors (Sections 14.02.G.6, 14.12)
• Article 15: Signs
• Article 16: Non-Conformities
• Article 17: Zoning Board of Appeals
• Text amendments throughout the ordinance to address typographical errors, general formatting consistency and similar language changes.
• Zoning Map: Text amendments to create consistency in naming of zoning districts
Many, but not all, amendments are as recommended by the Pittsfield Charter Township Planning Commission after public hearings in 2014.
The tentative text of the proposed amendments may be examined until the date of the hearing at the office of the Township Clerk at the township administration building between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The Township will receive written comments until the date of hearing, delivered to 6201 W. Michigan Avenue, Ann Arbor MI 48018.
Any person having an interest in the proposed ordinance may be heard at the meeting.