Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Geo. W. Noyes made the first purchase of the federal land that would later become Pittsfield Township in 1824? This land is located in what is now Section 10 of the Township. The Township was originally named Pitt Township for William Pitt, Earl of Catham.
There’s more information about the history of Pittsfield Township and current Preservation efforts on our website at www.pittsfield-mi.gov/history View the photos from the 200th Anniversary of the surveying of Pittsfield Township, check out the interactive Historical Marker Map, read an article about the history of the Underground Railroad here in Pittsfield Township, and check out the Oral History session done with local Historian, C. Edward Wall!
Additional information can be found on the Pittsfield Township Historical Society's website at www.pittsfieldhistory.org.